- Our Departments
- Office of the Inspector General
Office of the Inspector General
The Office of the Inspector General (OIG) was established October 1, 2017. Prior to the establishment of the OIG, audit and investigative services were completed by the Office of Internal Audit.
The Office of the Inspector General (OIG) assists the Commission by providing independent evaluation and recommendations regarding opportunities to:
- Improve the effectiveness, productivity, or efficiency of Commission programs, policies, practices, and operations;
- Ensure public accountability by preventing, investigating, and reporting instances of fraud, waste, and abuse of Commission property or funds; and
- Examine, evaluate, and report on the adequacy and effectiveness of the systems of internal controls and their related accounting, financial, technology, and operational policies; and
- Preserve the Commission’s reputation.
The OIG is independent. The OIG is led by the Inspector General (IG), who was appointed by the Commission’s Audit Committee. The OIG is governed by the Audit Committee.
OIG staff includes three (3) Assistant Inspectors General, one (1) IT Audit Manager, and a part time administrative assistant. Contact Information.
In carrying out the mission, the OIG produces a number of confidential and public documents. Public documents include the Inspectors General annual work plan, [results of audits and investigations], and [annual status reports].
The Office of the Inspector General of the Maryland-National Capital Park and Planning Commission is established pursuant to the Annotated Code of Maryland, Land Use Article, Division II, Title 15, Subtitle 5 of the Code.
Renee M. KenneyInspector General, CPA, CIG, CIA, CISAPhone: 301-454-1441
Natalie BeckwithAssistant Inspector General, MPA, CICA, CFE
Robert FeeleyAsst Inspector General, MBA, CICA, CFE, CAA, CGFM
Wanda KingAssistant Inspector General, MBA